A ministry that has been on Dick's heart is that of REFRESHING PASTORS through retooling, retraining, and refreshing pastors in the BASICS of ministry disciplines and strategies. These are principles Dick learned from other great pastors and now in semi-retirement is passing it on to another generation of pastors. He does this through short pastoral retreats held at THE CASTLE in Franklin, PA and other local retreat centers.
The retreats begin on Monday 12:00 p.m. through Wednesday noon. It is a chance to slow down and fellowship, and includes two overnight stays with meals and lodging at the Castle.
Monday is a day of coaching lectures, dialog, and practical exercises that will help you RE-START your ministry.
Tuesday is a time of personal prayer, assimilation, planning and restructuring your disciplines and ministry plans.
Wednesday morning is for finalizing your disciplines and strategies, and sharing your plans and the changes you will make in your ministry.
We have found that two days and nights gives us room to think, pray, plan, discuss and make plans to put the teaching into practice. The ideal size of this cohort (Band of Brothers) is between 5-10 men. This gives us opportunity to get to know each other and for one-on-one coaching.
Cohort 1: Building a Foundation to Succeed (Spring Sessions)
1. The Pastor as a Man of Prayer - March
2. The Pastor as a Visionary - April
3. The Pastor as a Strategic Planner - May
Cohort 2: Building Your Ministry Skill Set (Fall Sessions)
4. The Pastor as a Preacher - August (follow-up on vision & strategy)
5. The Pastor as a Writer - September (follow-up on vision & strategy)
6. The Pastor as a Shepherd - November (follow-up on vision & strategy)
We cover six basic areas of ministry disciplines
1) Praying Fervently
2) Getting a Clear Vision
3) Planning Strategically
4) Preaching Powerfully
5) Writing Effectively
6) Shepherding Compassionately
(Both Cohorts paid in advance is $1,000)
- Monday Morning Quarterback: Weekly you will receive a call from your coach to check in and check up.
- Vision Quest: You will articulate the vision God has put in your heart and be able to "cast" it to your church.
- Strategic Planning: You will develop a plan for ministry based on your vision. You will set goals, strategies and an action plan for your daily work.
- Sermon Reviews: Your coach will choose six of your sermons to review. You will not know when or which sermon will be reviewed.
- Unlimited Access: You will have access to your coach via web site, email, texting, and cell phone.
- Prayer Assignments: You will have a weekly prayer and confidentiality partner and you will maintain a regular prayer schedule that you design.
This ongoing coaching and training is available for a one-time fee of $1,000 which covers one year of coaching and all six retreats meals, lodging and materials.
If you choose to do only one of the Cohorts, spring or fall, it costs $500 with limited coaching. All fees are non-refundable.
It is payable one month in advance of the first retreat. You can choose to pay through our secure online transactions through Pay Pal, or you can choose to send a check. Make it payable to...
1394 South Center Street Ext
Grove City, PA 16127