These verses attest to the reality of God doing all things according to His own will and plan. He is not surprised by evil. No natural disaster,human evil, disease, accident or earthly event takes God by surprises. He knew of it before it happened.
JOB: The Book of Why's?
The story of the book of Job is the story of the mystery of suffering. It is also the book of Why? It explores the great unanswerable questions of life and death. It explores the questions of "Where's God When It Hurts?" and "Disappointments with God." It explores the question of "Why God? Why me? Why this? and What have I ever done to deserved this?"
- Why does God allow suffering?
- Did God create evil? If so, does that make Him bad?
- Why did God create the devil? Why doesn't God just blow him away?
- If God is all good and all knowing and all powerful why doesn't He stop suffering?
- What did I ever do to deserve this calamity?
- Why is God silent when we need Him the most?
Larry King on his Larry King Live program on CNN beats on this question repeatedly. It seems to be his mantra whether it be with Ravi Zacharias, James Dobson, Billy Graham, or John MacArthur the question is the same:
"How can God exist who allows children to be abducted and murdered?"
“If God is omnipotent why do tragedies like earthquakes and hurricanes happen?"
QUESTIONS TO DISCUSS
If you were God how would you solve the problem of evil in the world?
How would you answer Larry King's questions about God and evil?
- Did God create evil? If not, where did it come from?
- Did God create the devil? If so, why?
- Why doesn't God destroy the devil?
- Does God cause and/or control tragedies?
- Does God control everything? Is He sovereign over all?
- Does the existence of evil serve God's eternal purpose?
- Why does God allow evil to happen to innocent children?
- Did God create Hell? Why?
- If God can stop evil events but does not, is He then evil, unloving or powerless?
Pastor Dick's Audio Message on Job
Job's Trials & Faith (49 min)