Here Is What We Propose
That you willingly enter into a year long "Ministry Base Camp" of training that will build into your life those personal and pastoral disciplines that will help to make you successful. That means that during a 12 month period we will build a close relationship of mentoring and coaching. I will teach you what I have learned following the Apostle Paul's example and admonition to Timothy, "The things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, the same commit to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." We call it "Refresh and Renew" because that's what it does. It will refresh your ministry skills and renew your love and enjoyment of serving Jesus.
This coaching is limited to 20 men per year. I cannot coach a crowd. Only those who are willing to pay the price and commit to learn new disciplines, and un-learn old ministry habits, will be accepted. I prefer men young in ministry, if not in years. It is hard "to teach an old dog new tricks," meaning, if you are already set in your ways you will probably not be able to make the changes necessary to reconstruct your ministry life. Of course, there are exceptions. Some men recognize their bad habits and desperately want to change. They learn. They change. They succeed!!!
What We Will Learn Together
Three times a year we will spend 2 ˝ days together, from Monday noon to Wednesday noon (parts of three days). You are committing yourself to be put into a strict training in ministry disciplines. These "ministry base camps" take place in different regional locations. Check our proposed schedule for one near you. As we gain momentum we hope to have regional centers for these retreats which will make the expense of getting there more reasonable.
Here is what you will learn:
- Personal Disciplines - an hour to rise, fixed hours of study, defined prayer habits, daily journaling, plenty of time alone with God, regular reading, in-depth study, Scripture memorization, etc. Anointing, get anointing!
- Ministry Habits - solitude, prayer preps, sermon calendar, work schedule, Sat nights, posted work schedule, time with people, know your people, (pray, preach, love)
- Praying Pastor - (Acts 6:4 prioritizes prayer above all other activities) personal, family, congregational for-with-over them, the pastoral prayer, personal prayer retreats, fasting, praying everywhere, and prayer at the altar.
- Preaching Preps - daily listening/study, 4 hours daily, exegesis, cross ref, 3-"I's', illustrations, application, passion, pursuit of perfection, power point, notes, study guides, and much more.
- Vision Casting - finding vision, plans, strategies, steps, visualizing, proclaiming, "by the grace and strength of God we will…" - purpose, mission, goals, strategies, steps, Prayer & Planning retreats three times per year.
- Prayerful Planning - we teach you to do prayer and planning retreats for yourself and/or your staff so that vision and plans are no longer theories but actual specific plans. "Plan your work and work you plan."
What We Will Do For You
Just as a golf coach instructs you in the basics of your grip, stance and swing, then observes your practice swings and makes observations and recommendations to improve your swing, so too we will do for your pastoral disciplines and preaching.
- We will coach you in pastoral disciplines.
- We will be your spiritual director, listener, and prayer partner with regular e-mail and phone conversations.
- We will be your accountability partner with regular e-mail and phone conversations.
- We will hold you accountable to implement the disciplines and changes you define as your new commitments.
- We will guide you in your planning and vision quest. You are not alone. We will walk with you in this quest for God's direction and anointing.
- We will teach you to do your own quarterly prayer and planning retreats where you alone or you and your staff will seek the mind of God for His vision, and then set out specific strategies, goals, and plans to accomplish that vision.
- We will review your sermons (messages) a least 3 times during the year. We require that they be recorded, even videoed, for feedback purposes.
- We will seek to sharpen your preaching skills and add to your faith key disciplines that will serve you well for years to come.
For the next 12 months you will not be alone. Someone experienced will be praying for you, talking with you, watching over your shoulder, whispering in your ear, advising you through troubled times, and watching your back. "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)
We round out the year of coaching with a FREE gathering for review, fellowship and the challenge of loving people through prayer. We are here for you and we'd love to talk to you about the possibilities of coming along side of you and/or your church this coming year. We have many different options for partnerships with churches and pastors and ONE TO FIT YOUR NEED AND BUDGET.
Talk to us.
For further information contact
Dick LaFountain at
Cell: 724-372-1979 or
E-mail us: PastorDickLaf@gmail.com